Monday, March 21, 2016

PE Midterm Reflection

Half of the semester is over now, so I'd like to reflect on how my PE activities and goals have gone so far.

The activities themselves have gone pretty well overall, I think. I did two Kizuna recordings, a song, and a prosody listening exercise. I think that maybe sometime this semester I would like to try recording a conversation or doing an anime shadowing exercise to work on some faster paced speech. The recordings that I did do really helped me though in working on some smaller details of pronunciation by letting me listen to myself and try to get rhythms and pitches perfect (since they were poems/lyrics). I also got to memorize some Japanese poetry, which was nice (even though I might not remember it).

At the beginning of semester, I said that I would try to go to language tables and JSA events. I started to do the former a couple weeks before the midterm, and it was really good practice, especially the Forbes table. I will try to continue doing this on a more regular basis this quarter. I haven't actually gone to any JSA events yet though, so I still would like to work on that. I will try to contact my friends who are members to get more information on when they have events.

Practicing speaking both in class and outside has been really beneficial for my speaking skills, and getting to know the different people and resources around who/that can help me practice has helped as well. I'd still like to keep working on it, but I do feel happy with what I've been able to accomplish so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment